Contact: 770-942-6576 | Report An Outage: 1-866-473-9786
How to receive electric service
How to receive electric service
There are three ways to sign up for electric service with GreyStone Power, online, by phone and in person at a GreyStone office. Please keep in mind that GreyStone connects and disconnects service Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Two Ways To Pay:
Residential GreyStone members have a choice of two ways to pay, prepaid or post paid.
- Imagine prepaid like filling up your car with gas. The car goes until it runs out of gas, and it is filled up again.
- Prepaid members pay for their electricity up front, and add money to their account as needed.
- If the funds on the account are depleted, the electricity is turned off, but there are no reconnect or late fees.
- The member puts more money on the account (enough to bring the balance to at least $10 above zero) to get it turned back on.
- Prepaid members also get the added benefit of not having to pay a deposit.
- To set up a prepaid account, please complete the online application.
- Post paid is the traditional way to pay for power.
- Residential or business members use electricity one month, and then pay for the amount they used the following month.
- These members may be required to pay a deposit up front.
- If the electricity is turned off due to non-payment, reconnect fees are required before service will be reconnected and additional deposits may result.
- Members may set up new service online for post-paid service, or call 770.942.6576.
- The deposit is returned after 18 months with no late payments.
Start New Service:
OPTION ONE: Request Service Online. Please allow one business day for processing/correspondence.
OPTION TWO: You can sign up for electric service by phone.
- Call GreyStone for electric service.
- You must call at least one (1) business day prior to the day you are requesting the power be turned on (under normal circumstances). All connections are completed Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Please have your driver’s license and Social Security card on hand.
- Phone lines are open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at 770.942.6576.
- Payments for the fees associated with new service must be made via automated phone system, the member portal, or a payment kiosk.
- $10 membership fee
- $22 processing fee
- You may be asked for a deposit if your credit check or previous GreyStone pay history requires.
- Deposits are based on 2.5 times the average summmer bill at the location.
- Visa/MasterCard/Discover or electronic checks are accepted.
- If payment is required and you are not able to pay using automation, you will be asked to come into the office.
- If we are unable to verify information, you may be asked to come into the office.
OPTION THREE: You can also sign up for service at one of GreyStone’s two offices.
- Bring in your lease or purchase agreement along with a valid photo id (driver’s license, passport, etc.) and Social Security card.
- Main office: 4040 Bankhead Hwy, Douglasville, GA 30134
- Dallas office: 120 GreyStone Power Boulevard, Dallas GA 30157
- Walk-in office hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Sign in at the walk-in center to speak with a Member Services Representative.
- They will help you complete your application.
- While you are there, they will process your credit verification and find out if a deposit is required.
- We require one business day notice before starting service.
- Go to Cashier
- Pay your $10 membership fee, $22 processing fee or deposit (if required) using cash or check.
- Electronic payments must be made by automated phone system, the member portal, or a payment kiosk.
Congratulations… your lights will be on soon!
If you have other questions about your service, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org