Contact: 770-942-6576 | Report An Outage: 1-866-473-9786
GreyStone Power Corporation is a member-owned electric cooperative dedicated to providing you with reliable electric service at the lowest possible rates. Because GreyStone Power is locally owned and operated, customers, also known as members, receive responsive and focused service. Our mission is making life better in the communities we serve.
Click on a link below to view its content.
Located west of Atlanta, GreyStone Power serves eight counties including Paulding, Douglas, Fulton, Coweta, Cobb, Fayette, Carroll, and Bartow. GreyStone is a not-for-profit cooperative incorporated under Georgia law. Bylaws set forth membership criteria, your member rights and responsibilities, and procedures for electing directors. GreyStone territory is divided into nine geographical districts. Each is represented on the Board of Directors by a cooperative member residing in that district. Directors’ terms of office are staggered to provide that three positions expire annually. Those positions are then filled by election by mail-in ballot and announced at the Annual Meeting of Members on the second Saturday of October at the cooperative's office.
Main Office: 3400 Hiram Douglasville Highway, Hiram, GA 30141
Any member who qualifies in accordance with the Bylaws is eligible to run for election to the board, by nomination by the Nominating Committee or by petition of members (see Board Elections).
GreyStone provides product and services that favorably impact members. The co-op began in 1936 when electric pioneers went door-to-door signing up members for a new-fangled concept, “the electric,” bringing a new way of life that had only existed in their dreams.
Investor-owned utilities could not be persuaded to serve the sparsely populated west side of Atlanta; there were not enough profits for their stockholders. It was up to the people residing in the area to make it happen, and on a sweltering day in August, 1936, a group of determined local people met in Douglasville, formed the Farmers Electrical Association, applied for a Rural Electrification Administration loan, and set out to build 83 miles of power lines. Today, after two name changes, the first to Douglas County Electric Membership Corporation and the second to GreyStone Power Corporation, the system serves over 7,100 miles of line and more than 138,000 meters. The cooperative’s service to its members has expanded to include a credit union, home and business security, natural gas discounts through Gas South and surge protection.